Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 24, 2017)
- Authorities of Minnesota Express Support for Cuba in Face of Trump's Anti-Cuba Rhetoric
- United Nations Population Fund Calls Cuba a Benchmark in Latin American Education
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show (June 23, 2017)
- Brexit: A Deal with an Uncertain Future
- RHC's Arts Roundup (June 21, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3879
- today: 2713
- online: 184
- total: 3326152