Havana, March 14 (RHC-PL) -- In the Cuban capital, community coordinators and promoters of environmental protection are organizing a festival to begin on March 24, devoted to the preservation of the Havana Bay.
For two days, the First Eastern Basin-Havana Bay Environmental Festival will be sessioning here, dedicated to the 500th anniversary of the founding of this city. Saint Francis Square, by the bay-side in Old Havana, will be the venue.
Promoting an environmental participatory culture in the population is one of the objectives of the event, according to a press release by the Havana Bay State Working Group, which is leading the project.
The Havana bay is considered a strategic ecosystem in the Caribbean.
- Cuba and IAEA Enjoy Solid, Fruitful Relations
- RHC's Arts Roundup (March 27, 2017)
- RHC's Scientific and Medical Report (March 27, 2017)
- Cuba Prepares to Send Medical Brigade to Peru in Wake of Emergency Caused by El Niño Phenomenon
- UN Pledges Support for Cuba on Sustainable Water Management
- RHC's Arts Roundup (March 22, 2017)
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3780
- today: 4136
- online: 171
- total: 2933993