Managua, January 11 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice President Miguel Díaz-Canel said in Managua that Nicaragua can always count on the unconditional support, friendship, solidarity, and cooperation of Cuba.
Díaz-Canel lead the Cuban delegation at Tuesday's re-inauguration of Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega, who was sworn-in for a third five-year term after garnering more than 72 percent of the vote in last November's elections.
In statements to the press in the Nicaraguan capital, Díaz-Canel said that the victory of Ortega's Sandinista National Liberation Front is a victory for not just Nicaragua, but for all of Latin America and the Caribbean, since it contributes favorably to ongoing efforts and mechanisms toward regional unity, integration and peace.
- RHC's Arts Roundup (January 17, 2017)
- Insecurity and Fear Prevail in Macri's Argentina
- Cuba, U.S. Commit to Cooperate on National Security Issues
- RHC's Interview with Andrés Gómez, Leader of Antonio Maceo Brigade
- Cuba and U.S. Take New Step Toward Normalized Migration
- Senior Diplomat Highlights Increase in U.S. Visitors to Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3682
- today: 1858
- online: 156
- total: 2629173