Guantánamo, January 11 (RHC)-- The International Organization for Migration (IOM), a member entity of the United Nations system, has donated mattresses and roof tiles for Cuban families affected by Hurricane Matthew in eastern Guantanamo province.
Granma newspaper reported that the aid includes 820 personal foam-rubber mattresses, which were received by Guantánamo authorities, and 2 840 galvanized zinc tiles, which are to arrive in the eastern province before the end of this month.
According to Sonia Karacadze Díaz, an official in Cuba of the United Nations Agency for Migration, the International Organization for Migration and other UN entities are working to raise funds to continue providing aid to Cuban victims of the powerful storm.
- Aid Continues to Arrive in Cuba in Wake of Hurricane Irma
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Segment 'The Real Story'
- RHC's Interview with Senior Journalist and Radio Amateur Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- First Humanitarian Aid Shipment from Venezuela Arrives in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4852
- today: 3382
- online: 200
- total: 3722923