Vancouver, March 3 (RHC)-- In Canada, Tiffany, Eric and Donald Trump Jr. joined a ribbon-cutting ceremony Wednesday for the new Trump International Hotel and Tower in Vancouver. Protesters gathered outside the ribbon cutting ceremony, where they chanted and held signs proclaiming, "Love Trumps Hate."
CNN reports the Vancouver high-rise will cater to wealthy investors –– like an executive at a major Abu Dhabi bank –– seeking to park their money in real estate investments. The Trump organization doesn’t directly own the tower, but will instead collect licensing fees from the project’s owner.
Many U.S. government ethics experts say the investment puts President Trump at risk of violating the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution, which prohibits people holding federal office from accepting payments from foreign governments.
- Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Confirms Cuba's Solidarity with Venezuela
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Norwegians Tell Mr. Trump: "No, Thanks!"
- RHC's Segment 'Focus on Africa'
- Candidates for National and Provincial Assemblies Nominated in Cuba
- Cuba and the U.S. Exchange on Combat against Illicit Drug Trafficking
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4048
- today: 984
- online: 178
- total: 4242273