Washington, January 11 (RHC)-- The Pentagon has admitted that U.S. special operations troops launched a raid in eastern Syria over the weekend. Unnamed U.S. officials said the raid was carried out by the Expeditionary Task Force and was aimed at capturing top ISIS militants.
The U.K.-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says 25 people were killed in the operation. The website Deir Ezzor 24 quoted witnesses who said the U.S. troops landed by helicopter and then left an hour and a half later carrying prisoners and bodies.
- President Raúl Castro Arrives in Dominican Republic to Attend CELAC Summit
- International Congress 'Calixto 2017'
- RHC's Arts Roundup (January 24, 2017)
- Social Movements in Latin America Continue Struggling for Their Independence and Sovereignty
- South American Solidarity Brigade Arrives in Havana
- CELAC's National Coordinators Review Documents of Upcoming 5th Summit
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4211
- today: 4061
- online: 89
- total: 2639116