Mythical Cuban prima ballerina assoluta, Alicia Alonso, has been named World Dance Ambassador by UNESCO in Segovia, Spain.
Decorated with hundreds of medals, distinctions, orders and recognitions, the director of the Cuban National Ballet Company received the designation during the 35th World ITI-UNESCO Performing Arts Congress that wound up in Segovia Saturday. ‘I’m honored and thankful’, said the choreographer, Cuban dance legend who is also a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador. At a moving speech, Spanish flamenco bailaora, Cristina Hoyos –who received the same designation-, thanked the world entity for the recognition in the name of the two dancers.
During her stay in Spain, Alicia Alonso met with the Mayor of Madrid, Manuela Carmena, at the Spanish capital’s Mayor’s office in front of the famous Cibeles Fountain.Considered one of the best and most influential artists in the second half of the 20th century in the world, Alonso traveled to Madrid as part of the Cuban National Ballet Company’s recently concluded successful tour of Spain, Italy and France
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Donald Trump's Controversial Fiscal Reform
- 6th Caricom-Cuba Summit Reaffirms Latin America and Caribbean as 'Zone of Peace'
- CARICOM and Cuba Leaders Renew Commitment to Advancing Sustainable Regional Development
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Havana sings to Sabina)
- RHC's Weekly Review
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4477
- today: 2594
- online: 224
- total: 4089794